Spanish Wells' Sunsets
Bahamas Music Store
Photos sent In by Visitors
Requirements for Marriage in the Bahamas
"Marriage is a fine institution, but I'm not ready for the institution yet!"...Mae West
The process, which is actually quite simple
- You both must spend one day in Bahamas prior to submitting your
application for a marriage license.
- Fill out application for license at same time at registers office.
- Pay nominal fee of $40.00, license valid 3 months (no blood test
- Both parties must be in Bahamas when making application for license.
- If either party is a minor under 18 years of age, parental consent is
required. Obtain forms from Register General's office
- If either party ever divorced, a certified or original final decree must
- If either party is widowed, the death certificate of deceased spouse must
- If any unmarried party is a resident of a country other than the US, a
declaration certifying to the unmarried status must be sworn to before a
Notary Public or other person authorized to administer oaths in the country of
residence. This may also be prepared by an attorney or Notary Public in the
- Photo ID issued from government office from country of residence must be
- Evidence of arrival in Bahamas must be produced; the Bahamas Immigration
embarkation card will do
For further inquiry, call the Register's
Offices on the various islands. In Freeport, Grand Bahama Island you may reach
them at The Assistant Registrar General of The Bahamas, P.O. Box F-42602,
Freeport, Grand Bahamas, Bahamas. Telephone 242-352-4934/7 or Fax 242-352-4060.
Please note that there are further requirements for couples traveling from
certain countries, such as Japan to wed in the Bahamas. Do be sure and ask about
REQUIREMENTS ACCORDING TO BAHAMAS TOURISM OFFICEQUESTIONS?? Robyn Ferrier, Director of Romance, at 242-302-2034 or 1-888-NUPTIAL
|Nautical Maps of Eleuthera
GREAT Diving Website!!
Bahamas Reef Association